Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day at Grandpa and Grandma L's House

Dad planned on spending Memorial Day helping grandpa work on their new metal roof.
However, it rained the majority of the day.
They did manage to finish a section which required grandpa to stand on a ladder which rested on his homemade scaffolding.
Of course, I had to take a photo. Yikes! While dad and grandpa worked, grandma decided to help the two of you fish.
I NEVER remember her fishing, but you wanted to fish...
(I promised her that I wouldn't post a photo because her hair was affected by the torrential downpour.)
Olivia is having a heart-felt conversation with dad while adjusting her drawers. This is the first time that they actually let Olivia have a hook and bait.
(If you saw her with that hook, you would COMPLETELY understand!)
There is a fish on that hook, but it is just too teeny-tiny to actually see. The fish were patiently waiting to be caught. You were catching them the minute your worms skimmed the surface.
I love the dirty, bare feet!
After playing in the dirt
and feeding the catfish,
we called it a day...a very wonderful day full of memories!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like such a peaceful place! I'm sure the kids had the time of their lives there! =)

    ReplyDelete